We are thrilled to announce that aelf will officially open its node election on November 18th, 2021 12:00 P. M. (GMT+8). Once opened, all the individuals and organizations will be able to participate in the node election by signing up for the application. In line with our roadmap, aelf will invite a total of 17 production nodes to our mainnet within this year. Elected nodes will participate in the ecological development of aelf mainnet and the development of the network’s ecology.
From the beginning of the election, 2 seats for production nodes will be released every week which will last for 6 weeks. Together there are 5 seats for initiative production nodes, all the candidate nodes will face the voting equally.
- Technical docking support: With regards to the stability of aelf mainnet and the interest of all nodes, any willing organizations or individuals need to contact aelf team via firstname.lastname@example.org first to realize technical docking support.
- Building nodes: Candidate nodes need to complete the node set-up, submit introductory information on the Governance section via aelf explorer, and stake to participate in node election. The application will open on November 18th, 2021 12:00 P. M. (GMT+8)
- Election: Production nodes are elected by voters. ELF holders who staked their tokens in the governance system can vote for or transfer their tickets to their preferred candidate nodes with free will.
- Rotation: The production nodes rotate every week based on the voting result.
- 100,000 ELF tokens are required to be deposited. Deposited tokens will be locked after a successful election of being a production node. The locked tokens will be returned to the node owner upon them stepping down from running the production node, assuming there is no violation of operation.
- Configuration recommendations: 8-core processor, 16GB memory, 500 GB hard drive, and sufficient bandwidth to ensure the synchronization of block and transaction.
- Node geographical location: worldwide.
- If a production node didn’t produce any blocks in 72 hours, its qualification of being a production node will be automatically canceled and the deposited 100,000 ELF will be destroyed.
- If a production node packages a malicious transaction, other nodes will fail to verify the block they received and will disconnect the network with the production node, which moreover, will be added to the blacklist by other nodes.
Information to Submit
To guarantee the effective progress of node election, it’s necessary for participating nodes to submit the following information to aelf team (email@example.com) to facilitate the advancement of technical docking between the two parties. Meanwhile, in order to ensure the fairness, justice, and openness of the election, participating nodes need to upload the data to the aelf blockchain website for publicity and reference. The submission channel will open on November 18, 2021 12:00 P. M. (GMT+8).
- Name and introduction of nodes
- Personal or official website address
- Details of the server, including location, memory, broadband, CPU, etc.
- Node running and maintenance plan
- URL to community address
Node election is of great significance for aelf ecological development. Heartfeltly, aelf invites global users, community enthusiasts, partners in ecological cooperation, blockchain enthusiasts together with technique geeks to participate in the event, so as to inject more motivation into aelf’s ecological development towards a promising future!